Website Development series
DGM105 – Maximise Smart Devices: Photo & Video Production
This course introduces students to the fascinating and ever important world of video editing by covering the various editing styles that are used to create all types of media. Students will gain a deep understanding of Adobe Premier and powerful tools available in the program to help them achieve their final edits. Students will learn how to manage their files, organize their footage, perform timeline operations, create titles and export their films.
What you will learn
This course picks up on the skills learned in the introductory video production course. Students will dive deep into the principles and techniques used in creating narrative, documentary, and promotional style films on a professional scale. Emphasis will be placed on strong storytelling skills and an appreciation for cinematography and sound production.
- Understand the key concepts of video theory
- Utilise industry standard approaches to general project setup and importing
- Understand how to organise an editing project to enable effective technical editing
- Utilise effective editing techniques and approaches in the creation of desired content
- Understand additional capabilities of editing software
- Utilise best practices in the finishing process of video editing
The targeted sector is any entrepreneur, B2C or B2B executive driven to develop new skills and knowledge in the eBusiness sector.
Part of Professional Certificate in Digital Media
- Minimum passed the equivalent of GCE ‘A’ levels or Workplace Literacy Level 5 and Workplace Numeracy Level 5.
- Able to operate laptop and mobile devices, e.g. tablet or smartphone.
- Able to listen, speak, read, and write English competently