Website Development series
DGM101 – Digital Media Production I
Having the skills to do video production could have a huge impact on future earning power. This course introduces students to the basic principles and equipment of DSLR/mirrorless and iPhone video production. Students will gain considerable professional knowledge about camera settings, lighting techniques, framing principles and basic audio recording. The course is designed for anyone interested in creating high quality media content.
What you will learn
Learners will be able to analyse equipment requirements and placements to achieve required visual styles. The course addresses performance gaps in:
Interpreting visual briefs to understand production requirements and equipment placements
Setting up and adjusting equipment to required settings according to details outlined in the visual briefs
Controlling camera movements and settings to capture required scene and effects
Analysing test footage to determine visual quality
Proposing adjustments to equipment and placements to enhance visual effects
- Interpret the three phases of the production process (pre-production, production, post-production) including visual briefs, scheduling, workflow, and general principles.
- Develop detailed plans that outline the roles, responsibilities, and best practices of key team members in a media production crew
- Setup and adjust standard media production equipment utilizing its features and functions
- Control camera settings to apply cinematography techniques so as to impact viewer experience.
- Analyze test footage and propose adjustments in camera settings and lighting, stabilisation and movement to impact overall visual quality.
The targeted sector is any entrepreneur, B2C or B2B executive driven to develop new skills and knowledge in the eBusiness sector.
Part of Professional Certificate in Digital Media
- Minimum passed the equivalent of GCE ‘A’ levels or Workplace Literacy Level 5 and Workplace Numeracy Level 5.
- Able to operate laptop and mobile devices, e.g. tablet or smartphone.
- Able to listen, speak, read, and write English competently