e-business management series
AEBM201/2 - eBusiness Management
This course aims to equip our workers with such knowledge through rigorously training and practicum. At the end of the course, the learners would have learned how to successfully design and launch a world-class website with the help of our instructors..
What you will learn
The course is targeted at management level of the e-commerce in Skills Future Framework Retail E-commerce. They can be working in existing or new businesses, SME or big organizations. There is an increasing need for retailers, restaurants, service providers such as gyms, doctors, instructors and manufacturers to have an online presence to provide information and sell their products and services. Since the onset of covid-19, more businesses, companies and entrepreneurs are starting to put their goods and services online in innovative ways.
While companies desire to build (or manage the building of) lucrative websites that integrate successfully to existing off-line businesses as well as with social media, most companies only manage to provide information-only websites. Indeed, some websites are mere white elephants. It is particular critical for companies to have a great online strategy after covid-19. While the demand for many jobs has decreased in many sectors, there is an increase in demand for workers who are able to know how to design and implement websites that engage and convert versus those that are put together haphazardly using random tools.
- Understand the processes of developing an e-business
- Design user experience such as visual design and usability to influence technical requirements of an e-business website for e-commerce or information product selling
- Interpret, list and determine the technical and user experience requirements of a dynamic website to prepare for an overall site design
- Draft out and articulate the user requirements for website design in alignment to brand strategies, objectives and guidelines
Marketing, branding and website maintenance
Entrepreneur or Management team of an existing business tasked to look into the operation or growth of the online business in an established brick-and-mortar company.
- Minimum passed the equivalent of GCE ‘A’ levels or Workplace Literacy Level 5 and Workplace Numeracy Level 5.
- Able to operate laptop and mobile devices, e.g. tablet or smartphone.
- Able to listen, speak, read, and write English competently
Pamela Lim has more than 30 years' experience as an entrepreneur, professor and business trainer. She was the first Singaporean to achieve a NASDAQ-SGX listing (2001) as a pioneer in e-business.
Subsequently, she spent 10 years as a professor at Singapore Management University nurturing young entrepreneurs in crafting their businesses including their digital media and social media strategies. Dozens of her protégés have gone on to become some of the most successful entrepreneurs in Asia.
She has won countless awards including:
- Singapore’s Top 10 Female entrepreneur in 1999 (finalist),
- The Most Promising Female Entrepreneur in 2000 (winner) and
- Netrepreneur of the Year in 2001 (winner).
Pamela has developed numerous private multimillion-dollar projects using the same social media strategies she teaches in the classroom. As a passionate educator, in 2014 she founded All Gifted, an online high school with thousands of students internationally.